Answered By: Ask a Librarian
Last Updated: Apr 19, 2023    

The University Policy on institutional affiliation in research publications states that if an author holds multiple affiliations within or outside of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, the University name must be included and put at the appropriate position.

Thus, authors from XJTLU must cite Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University as their institutional research base in publications. If you have a joint affiliation, it is allowed to include both of them in your publications.

Additionally, if an author has moved since the work described in the article was done, or was visiting at the time, a 'Present address' (or 'Permanent address') may be indicated as a footnote to that author's name. The address at which the author actually did the work must be retained as the main affiliation address.